Sunday, November 2, 2008

Toe Socks and Coffee Cups

Another tag?? Argghhh...

Okay, seven wierd things about me. It occurs to me that some of the wierdest things all of us do have been done by us for so long that we most likely don't see them as being wierd. ie:

1: My favorite sandwich is peanut butter, mayo, dill pickle, and lettuce. I also prefer my apple pie hot, with a thin layer of cheddar cheese and a small dollop of chunky peanut butter on top. You've no doubt heard the expression, "Apple pie without the cheese, is like a hug without the squeeze." Right?

2: I love toe socks. If I had my way I'd wear them every day all winter long. Even to church. Okay... truth be told, I have worn them to church. What the heck and who cares, anyway? They're usually tucked inside a pair of boots or under a long skirt.

3: I prefer to sleep sideways on the bed. My own bed, the bed in my daughter's guest room, beds in resorts, hotels, and anywhere else I lay my curly locks on the pillow at night. However, I do curb and control myself in the interest of keeping 30 some odd years of marital bliss going. I can't sleep without holding something in my right hand, though. A corner of the pillow, a schrunced up section of sheet, a bottle of water...

4: I have a tendency to ask somewhat personal questions of complete strangers. It always amazes me how many people are anxious to talk with a willing listener. It also amazes me how quickly you can begin to genuinely care about someone, and how often you find a way to keep in touch, when they've shared something about themselves that they've stored in the recesses of their heart. I've begun many a friendship this way....and I am NOT a Monteil Williams, Jerry Springer kind of talk show fan.

5: I hate wearing a bra. I take it off in all sorts of strange places. I left it in a thinly attended theater one evening when my youngest boy, Cordell, and I were on a mommy/son date. I've embarrassed the daylights out of Wayne when he noticed it dangling from beneath my sweater, and nearly reaching my shoes, while dining with a group of kith and kin.

6. It bugs the beejeebies out of me when Wayne pours himself a frosty rootbeer or an iced lemonade in a coffee/hot chocolate cup. Cups and mugs are for HOT drinks. GLASSES are for cold drinks. Why would any thinking person care about something so ridiculous? And yet, I do.

7: I've watched Dirty Dancing, oh I don't know...maybe 40 times. I know it's a poorly acted movie with a horrible moral message to it. But, I can't help myself. I can tell you where all the spots are that should have been left on the floor in the editing room. Heck... I'm not even a Patrick Swayze fan, the dancing is only good in spots, and the dialogue is amateurish. So... what hold does it have on me? I can't tell ya! I will say I haven't seen it in several years and I don't plan to purchase it on DVD, so perhaps the spell has been broken.

Tha-tha-that's all folks! Oh...before I forget, I tag Jo, Kay, Mare, Linda, Cali, Maria, Cordell.
Please say I'm not kissing seven more friends goodbye.

7 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

way to go, I learned a few more things about you. I've seen your toe socks-they are the fun. Also been with you when you ask probing questions of near strangers that later become best buds-you have a talent at that...

didn't know you like to sleep sideways in bed but you are short. braless-you would have made a good hippie-I remember the shock of Madison Wisconsin in the 1960's when the anti-war movt was on...and haight ashbury street in san fran where all the love children were, even tried to become one but it wasn't me...but did engage my now ex=husband...

you are truly unique my dear...thanks for being a good sport and my friend.

Jade said...

I love how you can get personal with anyone. Even my husband said one time that he would tell you anything about himself weather he wanted to or not. I always love talking to you.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha, you are so funny.

Chandi said...

I can attest to it all. John loves finding your bra on the kitchen table or on the stairs going down to his office.

Jean said...

Love those toe-socks! Great list of intimate details about you. I've been known to ditch my bra in unexpected places, too. What a cross to bear in having to wear one at all.

SandyCarlson said...

I can relate to a lot of this! Mugs are not cups. Bras are not for me. Peanut butter goes with everything....

I enjoyed your list, Caryn.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

That picture of those toesocks brings back memories of my college days back in the late 70's. It must have been the rage then, because I remember owning a pair and wearing them out in public! They were fun! Yours look like fun too!