Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm in Heaven




Lin reminds me that it's been a while since I've posted. I'ts due to the fact that I've been enjoying the best of times with my family the last week or so.

We played at the Hollow, had midnight picnics under the stars, and went camping just up the canyon from our home... see the view from our very private campsight........pretty, huh?

My eldest son, Dustin, spent a good percentage of his time fishing. Urp, gag! I can't stand the smell of fish, or the thought of taking a hook out of a slimy fish mouth, or cleaning them...yuk! I don't even like eating them. But, it seems to be theraputic for him. He LOVES standing still for EVER waiting for Tony Trout to bite. He think's they're beautiful! (So, why slit their belly, I ask?) And he thinks they taste like food for the Gods.

My second born son, Dallin, and Dusty's boy Davin, took the fourwheeler out and rammed it into a tree. Oops!! They did a fair amount of damage to it, too. We all lounged, and hiked, toasted hot dogs and marshmallows and sent Davin tubing down the river. Good times!

After they left, my daughter, Chandelar and her hubby and three boys came for a visit. We drove back up the canyon to the same campsite and did some more fourwheeling, (after Wayne and John spent a morning putting it back together) We did more lounging, eating, hiking, and skipped rocks in the lake. My son-in-law, John, is a world class rock skipper. A fairly useless talent, you say? Okay, maybe that's true. But, it was so dang much fun to find the perfect rock for him to chuck, and even more fun to watch him chuck it! If it hasn't seemed obvious to you as yet, I really like the simple life with simple entertainments.

All in all... I can't think of a more joyful way to spend time. Nothing else brings quite as much contentment as seeing your grown children play together and take care of one another. And when you can do it in a beautiful location.... well, let's just say, I'm not looking forward to Heaven, I think I'm already there!

4 comments:

Rambling Woods said...

Welcome back Caryn..it sounds like a wonderful time minus the hitting the tree incident. SKIPPING ROCKS..I loved to skip rocks. I have to call my sister and ask her who first taught us that. Dad or our cousin Michael. I haven't thought of that in years..Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Michelle

Great Grandma Lin said...

wow, you are excused for not writing but instead experiencing life first hand with family. making memories. funny how different things calm us, for some it is fishing for others writing or listening to music or skipping rocks.

dellgirl said...

Hey there. Glad you're back. I was hoping you were off somewhere having fun. And, you were. The pics are so inviting.

Jo, a retired teacher said...

Your family and mine could have had fun together. We fished, rode the 4-wheeler (no trees thank goodness), and skipped rocks. My son is a world-class skipper (no bias here of course).

Lucky you to have grown children able to be together. I have a son on each coast and as families grow and get busier, it is tougher to get together. You are very fortunate.