Thursday, January 24, 2008

Working flushers and Eloquent thoughts

Once again sleep eluded me last night. I was up late, late, late. I finally gulped down a 12 oz glass of hot milk to help drop my eyelids. While wishing I was dreaming instead of wishing I was dreaming, I thought of so many things I wanted to talk about this morning. But for someone who has a longer tongue than a Canadian Mountie's boot, I suddenly have nothing to say. How does that happen, I wonder. I so wanted to woo you with a few lovely turns of phrase and dazzle you with witty banter. Ahhh well... perhaps in a more creative moment.

My two oldest sons, Dustin and Dallin, and Dusty's boy Davin, are coming to spend the week-end with us. YeeHaw!!! I am so stoked.

I may end up liking this Blog thing, after all. Well, maybe not writing it so much, but...it was such a delicious surprise to get a comment from Maria, a beautiful you lady who shared our home and stole our hearts many long years ago. And my angel of a niece, Jade, typed in a few sweet words to brighten my spirits. I'm liking that! I also, somehow, accidently stumbled on a blog from an incredibly interesting young lady that fascinates me... so I may peek in on her musings from time to time. Kinda fun. I had to share her blog with Cordell, who I think might enjoy it as well. Not her, her blog... well, maybe her too, if she wasn't on the morning side of the mountain and he wasn't on the twilight side of the hill. I know she'd like him. I mean who can resist a gorgeous, successful, sensitive poet?

Gosh. I have a busy day coming up. I suppose I ought to do the "housewife" schtick and make the bed and throw in a load of laundry before heading into the office to scheme our getaway from Coldwell Banker's hefty fee's, and our principal broker's lack of concern about our crummy working conditions. He has an office seperate from ours. He told me he couldn't imagine why we didn't buy a couple gallon jugs of water to use in our "flusher" and wash our hands afterwards. I said, "Are you KIDDING me?? I can't believe you haven't furnished us an office with RUNNING water!!" So, that night, he forked out enough of his cash stash to purchase a couple gallon jugs to keep in the bathroom. Couldn't call a plumber. That's his m.o. A "prince of a guy" the twinkie! It's only been since December 6th that we've been without heat and water. Oh well... the temperature was only -13 Tuesday morning. Yup! You read that right. MINUS 13 degrees.

Before I leave, I want to tell Chandi how touching and eloquently expressed her last blog was. I made a copy of the first paragraph to carry with me. I also made a hard copy of her story about Brannock. Both are precious.

ta ta for now.

3 comments:

The Keel Gang said...

I am loving your blog!! It has been added to my morning ritual. Thank you!! Please check out my two blogs... http://keelgang.blogspot.com & http://keeltwins.blogspot.com

Chandi said...

I can't believe you guys are without heat or water, and the guy isn't doing anything about it. That is awful. How fun that the boys will be spending the weekend with you. I can't wait to make it down again come spring.

Great Grandma Lin said...

another convert to blogging. glad you figured out how to log in....it's fun huh? I'm going to teach a class on creative writing and blogging next month in SunRiver. After 3 months, I'm an expert?????