Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Three Broads and a Dog?

It's been a delicious day! I slept in soooo late. Well, maybe slept in isn't technically correct. I stayed in bed much later than usual. I just luxuriated on our wonderful mattress surrounded by ultra soft cotton bedding, freshly fluffed, delicately scented down pillows, and a new, baby tummy/bum cuddly, down comforter. It felt absolutely decadent and I loved every minute of it. My mind was completely still and calm. Now that's a rarity! It was nice to just glance out the window at last nights snow fluttering to the ground as a gentle breeze tossed it from the branches in the grove. I was able to lie there with no distractions and just be reflective. A perfect way to start a day.

Then a long, hot shower where I could pray out loud and feel my muscles release the concerns of the outside world. Nice!

I volunteered at the Museum part of the day and spent some quality time with LaVay and Linda, two of the gals who work there. I taught them to make beaded bookmarks and we shared a spirited and motivating conversation while stringing glass balls on thread. It was delightful!

I also got a call from the broker in my office. She wants to open her... well... our own office. Just her, me and Maureen. I drove into the office so we could share ideas and come up with a game plan. She ordered some mighty fine veggie pizza and three drinks of rootbeer. Each of the drinks was about the size of your average kiddie pool. Not too smart when you work in an office without a working "flusher". Anyway, I digress. She wants to call it, "Three Broads and a Dog". Wha??? Really, what kind of name is that? Catchy? Maybe so. But, I have just a teense of concern over exactly what we'd catch with it. I suggested that we check into the possibility of renting a little red caboose in Mt Pleasant and call it the "On Track Realty". I could really get excited about the prospect. I hope we move on it. I have a zillion plus ideas on marketing and building the business.

Well.. that's my day. Wayne is finishing up a John Grishom novel. The house is quiet. I'm sure that before long it will be filled with the sounds of basketball games and political pundits. It is the evening habit of the sweet man who shares my life.

Annnnnnnnnnddd... heeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrs the t.v. That happened a might sooner than I thought it would. Guess I'll give a hefty OOF! and lift this body off the chair and cart it downstairs to spend some time with my hubby pretending like I care who wins the game.

Yikes. We just had a power outage. You'd think that would revert the house to silence. But, Wayne scrounged around and found our battered radio that plays more static than any other sound... so, we can still hear the politico's blather on and on and on. I'm sooo thrilled. My trusty old laptop is still chuggin right along for me... it switched to battery, I'm sure. So I could continue writing.... except that there's no light and I can't see the keyboard worth a tinkers da#@n. I have no idea why that expletive just turned blue. Is there a message here?
Anyway, so long for now..............

3 comments:

Chandi said...

You do have the best darn pillows and comforter I have ever had the pleasure of sleeping in/on. Except that one in Austria was pretty heavenly. The Broads and a dog idea is kind of like the "Wizard Decor" thing of you ask me. I like "On Track Realty" much better. Plus it would be fun to have your office in a caboose.

The Keel Gang said...

Cabooses were originally used as offices, the conductor's office before they were used to house lookout men for the train. We learned all this in Tiger Cubs, hahaha. And I will say, soft bedding is so essential to waking up happy & I found the most amazing pillow at Costco last week. It's actually called, The Butter Soft Body Pillow. It truly is.

Great Grandma Lin said...

i like on track realty....are you thinking of giving up your life of retirement to open a realty and just work part time? i'll never see you... sounds like you and wayne needs some silent time activities-how about popping popcorn over an open fire? or cds with new age music on a battery run player and cuddling on the couch in front of an open fire? i would go nuts with tv on all the time and have to get earphones to block it out. luckily we both like music and working on our computers at the same time....your comforter sounds comforting like it would be hard to ever get out of bed in the cold wintertime.