Thursday, August 28, 2008

laughter and cake wrecks

I'm sitting at the dining room table in my daughter's home in North Ogden. I've only been here a day and a half and we've already shared so much with one another... from the ridiculous to the sublime!

We got giddy and laughed till tears streamed down our cheeks. We cried till the need for tears subsided, and our salt stained faces broke into laughter again. I can't think of anywhere I would rather be than wherever my children and grandchildren are. We don't need to go shopping, visit any of the local sights, see any chick flicks, eat any grand meals, or share in any profound conversation. (although we do all of those things, especailly shop, eat well and wax wise) But, we really just need to be in the same room soaking up each others vibes to be sharing good times)

My daughter, Chandelar (Chandi) and I are currently looking for high quality, modest, Practical Magic pretty, or fashionably chic (not at all scary) Witch's costumes for adults. Any ideas?

Anyway, just thought I'd say Howdy... and let Lin know that I haven't fallen into a sink hole somewhere between Sanpete and Weber Counties. I'm just occupied with being "mom" and "Gigi" to my brood.

Have a Tony the Tiger day.

p.s. Just for kicks, if you want a chuckle...look up "cake wrecks.blogspot.com" The writer is funnier than her cake wrecks, and some of her cake wrecks are hilarious. That's my tip for today.

13 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

delighted to see you've blogged again. there are many waiting impatiently to read your musings and wisdoms. happy that you and chandi can enjoy good times together and laugh till you cry. we all need to do that. will check out the cake wrecks-sounds good. enjoy each moment.

Rambling Woods said...

Adult witch costumes? I could say something unkind about a former boss..but... Mother and daughter relationships are wonderful after the teenage years..

Jo, a retired teacher said...

Good shopping. Sometimes wonderfully creative pieces can be found to put together costumes. Check the local DI.

Mare said...

You are so blessed! And your daughter is too. Like me and Flo!

SandyCarlson said...

That's a beautiful relationship! God bless, and thanks again for the inspiration. You are a source of joy, to be sure.

Linda Reeder said...

Yours is a remarkable mother/daughter relationship, one to treasure for sure.

Susan said...

Oh Caryn...I know that website well...isn't it hysterical? And to think people pay professionals for these cakes! Amazing.

And an adult witch costume...oh is my mind working overtime with some delightfully delicious and devilly ... hmmm ... not sexy ... what is the word I want? devilly enticing costimes. Think outside the box and you are sure to come up with ideas. What is this for? And what venue? That makes all the difference for my mind.

Kay said...

Hi Caryn, Could you stop by my blog and pick up your Super Commenter Award? You are so wonderful!

dellgirl said...

This is such a sweet sweet post. Don't you just love that feeling, with the kids - having the time of your life - doing absolutely nothing but enjoying each other?! There is nothing in the whole wide world like it. Nothing!!! Laughing till your jaws and stomach both ache? The greatest!

Continue to enjoy!

Kay said...

Have a great time with your daughter. I had to laugh at Michelle's comment about the mother and daughter relationship. I had the worst time during my daughter's middle school years. Sheesh! She's now my best girlfriend.
P.S. I didn't get to read this post earlier because I was trying to get the Super Commenter thing done.

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for stopping by today!

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at the cake wrecks blog last night, and I was laughing my head off.

Who's the witch? You or Chandi?

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for stopping by, Caryn!