Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"Happy Talkin, Happy, Happy Talk"

I'm shutting my eyes and remembering joyful times... let's see... what memories linger there that make me happy?

1. Hearing Wayne whistle around the house and yard
2. Sitting on the couch in my comfies watching my children enjoy one another
3. Uncle Zedekiah stories around the campfire. (Wayne tells fabulous, extremely inventive mountain man stories about his ficticious Uncle Zedekiah's adventures)
4. Wind in my hair
5. A little seclusion now and then for regeneration
6. Recognizing an answer to prayer

I'm on a roll... I want to keep going.

7. "Girl" time. Just girls doing girly stuff.
8. Hot orange tappioca pudding
9. My flower gardens in bloom
10. Giggling under the covers
11. Sun streaming through windows
12. Pumpkins in a cart
13. Music in the background
14. Wayne and Pogo playing and working together. Just a man and his dog, it's a real comraderie
15. Driving with the sunroof open. The top down would be better... but, I don't have a convertible anymore.

I'll quit writing now, but I'm going to keep on thinking more happy thoughts. This is a great "feel good" exercise! One more thing that made me happy. This was done in response to a "tag" from Brenda challenging me... bad choice of words... giving me the opportunity to share 6 things that make me happy.

Let's hear from Sandy, Sylvia, Chandi, Carrie and Jackie... if they're so inclined.

7 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

you know what makes me deliriously happy, my BFF blogging two days in a row!! :-)

Rambling Woods said...

This is a great idea and I enjoyed reading your life and I agree..more blogging if the moods suits you..

Mare said...

Hot orange tapioca pudding...hmmmm.
Never heard of it, but I'm betting I would love it!
Such a beautiful list of great smiles.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I immediately came over when I saw your title.... it's gotta be from South Pacific?? I always loved that movie and that particular song!

And if supper wasn't waiting to be fixed for my three boys.... I'd stop and chat. Will have to do so later. Look forward to reading your posting more thoroughly!

Deborah Godin said...

Loved your list - a fun thing to do with a few moments of free time!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Caryn, Loved reading your happy list. I just love how these little exercises give us glimpses into other people's lives.... like little prisms of light streaming through pretty stained glass windows.

SandyCarlson said...

I forgot about this! I will try it later!

Thanks for visiting my mule and the girlie from Yale!