Sunday, May 25, 2008

At this stage of the game...



At this stage of the game, I've just about decided that the weather can carry on with the soft flutter of snowflakes in winter.... or spring can finally carry it's profusion of petals on a warm breeze to my land. I almost don't care. I just wish Mother Nature would make up her mind.

It doesn't matter what I pull out of my closet to wear in the morning, I'm almost always wrong. I've taken the flowering plants that I purchased for my container and perennial gardens out to place them where I want them twice now.... and had to carry them back in because of the news announcments that a freeze could be expected in the next night or two. What the heck?

I'm about ready to pack up my capri pants, flip flops and granola bars and head to Kauii. A few months of playing in the surf, slurping the juice of a fresh pineapple slice, and listening to IZ would be a great balm for my withering hopes for summer

Anyone care to join me

3 comments:

The Keel Gang said...

So glad to see some new stuff on your blog!! I feel for you & your weather ups & downs. I want to get away as fast as possible too just to have some weather you could rely on! I'll sip pineapple juice with you in Kauii in a heartbeat!! And thank you for your comments on my blog. It feels good to be back!

Chandi said...

Im there!!! I think Mother Nature has gone senile. We need a replacement.

Great Grandma Lin said...

wow I missed this post but was rereading your dog story again and guess what i found. don't know how i missed this one, i'm always looking for new posts from you. nice photos.