Thursday, April 3, 2008

What was that again?

So... It's a typical evening at home. I'm sitting in my faded, tattered and torn, but very comfy, chair sharing a burrito with Wayne and watching Bill O'Reilly. He brings up the topic of a recent show on Oprah... OPRAH, a mainstream, nationally syndicated and respected program... featuring a MAN who is 12 weeks pregnant.

What did I just say? What was that again?

Yes. It's true! A transexual MAN who still had his ovaries in tact was artificially insemenated with "lil swimmers" and he became impregnated. He'll be delivering in three months. They actually showed a video of him walking out on stage on the "O" show. It was bordering on outright creepy to see a guy in a pair of maternity pants.

Now... I don't know what you think about that... but I'm thinking, if he wanted to have a baby... why didn't "he" stay a "she"? This "guy" is married (to a woman), so why couldn't they have made arrangements for her to have the baby?

And what the heck was with the ob/gyn who planted the eggs in this gender confused patient? Can we say, "Just make that check out to Dr. Blank Brain." boys and girls? What else could he have been thinking about other than his hefty fee for service? And where are the people who donated the eggs and pollywogs for this experiment? The whole thing gives me the willy's.

I understand that the world gets wackier by the minute, and that medicine is making great strides, and that once upon a time the general population couldnt' imagine prosthetic hands with fingers that move and grip. I know all that. But... this is just waaaay too wierd for me!! I can't convince myself that it's an "advancement" toward anywhere I think I care to go.

7 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

wow, you put something new on your blog...after weeks of passing by cadbury eggs on my way to other blogs...i noticed something new an expected he. yes the world is wacky. glad to see you are back blogging. missed seeing your blogs. help keep our world sane. BLOG....

Carrie and Shane said...

I'm with you on this one...something about it just doesn't seem right. That child is going to grow up in a very confused world. But I agree with the previous comment...glad you're back blogging

Chandi said...

I can't quit shuddering. Really I can't! That is just so wrong!

Anonymous said...

I heard about this. I can't help feeling sorry for this man. People can get so messed up in this overly liberal world. I feel very sorry for the baby too.

The Keel Gang said...

I was recently going to put something on my blog about how I have gotten into Oprah's new show The Big Give, but this is just plain insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jade said...

Oh gross! This bugs me. It just isn't fair a sweet little baby has to be born to that. Gross!

stacia said...

we came across this episode of oprah when it was airing late at night and it was so awful to watch!! it really was so wrong... i, too, had those same questions...what is happening in this world we live in???