Monday, June 20, 2016



I think one of the greatest days of my entire life was when I was able to pass my first born child to my husband and watch the tears well as he held his son and realized that he was a father. He was so proud, and a wee bit overwhelmed by it all. It was a sweet moment.

And now, I watch my son as a father and it's such a joy to see the baton passed.

Honestly? Can I say it? I like Father's Day so much more than I do Mother's Day. I enjoy every part of it more. I love watching the kids with their dad. They are so tender...and so playful when they interact. I love knowing that these children are a gift that I gave him. I love knowing that a part of my husband will live on through his children and I played a major role in that legacy. It fills me! Yup! For me, Father's Day trumps Mother's. There I said it. Don't get me wrong, I like Mother's Day...well, all but the primary program/sacrament meeting part. I really, REALLY love being a mother! But, I don't know how to express the joy I receive from paying homage to the man who made it all possible, not just through his seed...but because he has provided for and protected us in every way. He has been a comfort, a companion, advocate, and teacher through both word and example. Happy Father's Day Wayne. I raise my glass to you, and to father's everywhere... young and old.
June 19, 2016 at 1:20 PM
 Delete

1 comment:

Great Grandma Lin said...

waiting to hear what you said but didn't get published here...lol! Don't stop now, your friendly audience awaits you...